Many students have to face financial problems to get their higher education. Due to poor financial condition, students are not able to fulfill their dream. In view of these financial problems faced by the students, Government of Odisha has started an education loan scheme i.e. Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana. This is an education loan scheme, under which the Odisha government will provide a loan to the students for pursuing their higher education.
How much loan will be given to the students in Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana, what will be its eligibility? And how you have to apply online in this scheme. To know abut etc, you are requested to read this informative article till the end.
Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana 2023
The Chief Minister of Odisha, Shri Naveen Patnaik has launched this scheme on 27th June 2016 for the walfare of the students. In this scheme, an education loan of up to Rs 10 lakh will be provided to the students to pursue their higher studies. This loan will be given to the students at 1 percent rate of interest. This means that the students have to pay only 1 % interest on the loan amount while balance amount of the interest will be paid by the Higher Education Department of Odisha government.
All the eligible poor students who want to pursue their higher studies can apply online in this loan scheme. This scheme will help in reducing the financial burden on the parents of the students.
Highlights of Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana (KSSY)
|Name of Scheme||Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana|
|Launched by||Shri Naveen Patnaik, CM of Odisha|
|Launch Date||27th June 2016|
|Objective of the scheme||To provide education loan for higher studies|
|Loan amount||Upto Rs 10 lakh|
|Interest rate on loan||1 percent|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Official Website Link||dheodisha.gov.in|
Objective of Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana (କାଲିଙ୍ଗା ଶିଖ୍ ସାଥୀ ଯୋଜନା |)
The main objective of this scheme is to provide loan to poor students for their higher education so that the students can complete their studies without any hindrance. Under this scheme, a student will be provided education loan upto Rs 10 lakh. With the help of loan received under the scheme, there will be no financial burden on the parents of the students. In this way, this scheme will help the students coming from poor families to get higher education and these student will bring laurels to the country in future.
Through availing the education loan poor students can achieve their higher studies without any obstacle. In this way, this scheme is like a boon for all those parents who are unable to get higher education for their children due to financial conditions.
Loan Amount under Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Scheme
Students pursuing for higher studies can apply in this loan scheme. As per the guidelines of the scheme, a student can take maximum of Rs 10 lakh education loan in this scheme. This loan will be provided on 1 percent interest. The balance amount of the interest will be borne by government. The repayment period will be upto 15 years. If any student get loan upto 7.5 lakh then period of repayment will be upto 10 years.
Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana Banks List
|Allahabad Bank||IDBI Bank||State Bank of Travancore||Federal Bank|
|Andra Bank||India Bank||Syndicate Bank||HDFC Bank|
|Bank of Baroda||Indian Overseas Bank||UCO Bank||ICICI Bank|
|Bank of India||Oriental Bank of Commerce||Union Bank of India||Indus Ind Bank|
|Bank of Maharashtra||Punjab & Sind Bank||United Bank of India||Karnatak Bank|
|Bhartiya Mahila Bank||Punjab National Bank||Vijaya Bank||Karur Vysya Bank|
|Canara Bank||State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur||Axis Bank Ltd||Kotak Mahindra Bank|
|Central Bank||State Bank of Hyderabad||Bandhan Bank||Laxmi Vilas Bank|
|Central Bank of India||State Bank of India||City Union Bank||Standard Chartered Bank|
|Dena Bank||State Bank of Mysore||DCB||The South Indian Bank Ltd|
|Yes Bank||Orissa State Co-op. Bank|
Apply online for Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana
Benefits & Features of the scheme
- Hon’ble Chief Minister, Shri Naveen Patnaik launched this scheme on 27 June 2016.
- This scheme will be helpful for those student, who want to pursue their higher studies.
- Educational loan upto Rs 10 lakh will be provided under this scheme for higher studies.
- Students will have to pay only 1 percent interest on the loan amount.
- The remaining amount of the interest will be paid by Higher Education Deaprtment of Odisha Government.
- The poor students of the state who want to pursue can apply for the loan under the scheme.
- Only permanent resident students of Odisha can apply for the scheme.
- Loan application in this scheme will be processed as per bank rules.
What are the Eligibility Criteria under Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana?
Following eligibility criteria should be fulfilled to avail the benefit of scheme-
- Student must be permanent resident of Odisha State.
- Family annual income of the student must be less than Rs 6 lakh.
- Applicant student should not availed benefits under similar scheme before.
- The term & conditions of the loan will be as per norms of individual schedule bank.
Document List to apply under Odisha Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana
To apply online the following documents are required-
- Aadhar card
- Residential certificate
- Income certificate
- Bank account details
- Educational documents
- Passport photograph
- Valid mobile number
Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana Online Registration
Process to apply for education loan
- Firstly, visit the official website of Higher Education Department of Odisha government i.e. dheodisha.gov.in.
- On home page, click on Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana (KSSY) link.
- After clicking on link, a new page will open.
- Then, a new page will open in new window.
- Here you will find Click here to apply.
- Now you will be redirected to Vidya Laxmi Education Loan website.
- On homepge click on Register button.
- Next provide all the details asked in registration form like.
|First name||Mobile number||Password|
|Last name||Email Id||Captcha Code|
- Check the box of term & conditions and submit the form.
- Hence your registration process has been completed on Vidya Laxmi Portal.
- In next step, click on Login button.
- Select the student login option.
- Enter the login email address & password and then login on portal.
- After successful login, click on apply under Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Scheme.
- The application form of the scheme will displayed in front of you.
- Fill all the details asked in the form and upload the necessary documents.
- In the last, submit the form. hence you may apply for this scheme.
Process to apply offline under Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana
- Visit the nearest bank branch.
- Ask for Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana Application Form pdf from bank official.
- Fill all the required details in the application form.
- Enclose all the required documents.
- Submit the filled form to the bank.
- Hence, the students can also apply in offline mode for the scheme.
Process to lodge grievances under Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana
- First, go to the official website of Higher education department of Odisha.
- On homepage, click on Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana link.
- As you click, a new page will open.
- Now click on grievance box option.
- Fill the following details in grievance form.
- Your Name
- E-mail address
- Mobile number
- Grievance message
- Captcha code
- After filing above details click submit button.
- By following this process, you can lodge your grievance.
Helpline Number: 020-2567 8300
Email: [email protected]
In today’s article, we have provided you complete information about Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana 2021. We hope that this article will help you. If you still have any question in your mind then you can ask in comment box. We will try to answer your questions as soon as possible.
- Digipay Sakhi Yojana Jammu & Kashmir
- Kerala Vidyajyothi Scheme 2023 Application Form, Check Beneficiary List
- Kalyana Lakshmi Scheme Telangana Online Registration, Application Status & Benefits